Thursday, July 26, 2012

Accomplishments


         Would it be cliché to say that I would want to accomplish finishing college? I know that’s not the question but I honestly don’t know what I would want to accomplish after Columbia let alone if I finish college period. I mean we all have goals and accomplishments that drive us to the next level but it seems like mine would be something everybody would agree with. A decent job with stable income, but the way society is going and what people tell me doesn’t seem reachable at all. Why spend all this money for college, and you can’t even leave the place with a guaranteed job or even half the money you put into that education, it just doesn’t seem fair. Some people just have degrees sitting there. I know right! This down payment on a house just hanging on a wall collecting dust and waiting for some employer to take knowledge. But, I guess nothing is fair these days.

        If I ever want to get anywhere in life the best choice would be to finish college, I guess I can manage that. I do want to accomplish taking skills, knowledge, and friends out of this money guzzling institution. It’s only right. With programs like the Bridge have definitely made that possible. I’m given the chance to better my writing and also see what other ways people think and how they choose to learn. I mostly want to better myself through this whole experience whether it means dropping out, or going through it the long haul as long as I can say that I tried and didn’t go at it closed minded.

No comments:

Post a Comment