Monday, July 30, 2012

memory

When I was seven my dad called my brother and I over. He pulled out a plain piece of navy blue paper and a simple white Crayola color pencil. I thought that he was going to do a simple doodle I was so wrong. In a matter of seconds before my eyes he drew an entire forest with a cabin and snow as if it were literally falling onto the page. That’s my most prized memory.

As kids we develop an endless burst of creativity.  Growing up I felt lucky knowing that creativity grew up with me instead of growing out of me. Most of the time when I do my designs I don’t even think about it I always get these random visions in my head that will stay there until I get them onto paper. There is never a time when I could actually sit down and not think of something to draw. Even when I am doodling there is always a message and a meaning to what I am portraying. Everything I draw portrays me it shows who I am as a person and what I like, what I believe in. if you look at any artist whether a painter or a dancer, musician they all have a certain hook to them. I like to look at taggers when I think about it. You see the art work everywhere you go but nobody stops to see certain details to them. They all have a signature it’s always the same and it belongs only to them. As artist we all have a certain signature that we add in every piece that we deliver.  

 I definitely think that time is no match to what you create. "Every line you make every color you add it’s never perfect. You can go over it a thousand times but it will never be perfect. Maybe from far away they may seem okay but until you look closely you can see the mistakes and I think that’s beautiful" -margaret kilgallen. A lot of kids go to school to learn how to draw I was self-taught and so is my whole family. I went once to an art class I remember clearly the experience was so claustrophobic. I hated that feeling of restraint and not being able to paint what I feel rather making something that was presentable.  I hear kids saying they want to grow up and make money and be famous and all these things. Even if you get to that point there is never a certainty that you will still be in love with your passion. Once it hits mainstream and starts dabbling all over you have to be required to meet the demands of not only you anymore but everyone around you. You may create something that took you eight days to make and if they don’t like it then its whatever. I’m not saying that I don’t want to be out there where everyone can enjoy the things I create. I admit even myself one day may end up in that same place but it’s how you focus and try to keep yourself so you won’t lose yourself. I don’t know what time will bring but I do know that this memory will always bring me back when I need to come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment