Monday, July 30, 2012

Memories!...How many off us have them?!


Memories are the best thing to have. It’s a good reflection on what happened or where you’ve been. Memories are a good to share with your friends and laugh at those good times. One of my best memories is with my best friend. It was a bad summer thunderstorm and the power went out at my house. We ate all the food in the refrigerator so it wouldn’t go bad. I haven’t eaten that much food in my life! The first thing we ate was ice cream-rocky road with cookie dough! My favorite! After we demolish the ice cream, we decided to have a bbq. Yes, in the lovely pouring rain but we had a deck so it actually all worked out. I don’t know how we managed fire and lighter fluid. I’m shocked that we didn’t burn down the house! And of course- as well all know that I didn’t do any cooking! I was just waiting on finish product. She did a pretty good job! We even had enough to give to our neighbors’.  On our lovely random bbq night we had ice cream, chicken, pork chops and even lamb! I was full for two days straight. When the power came back on, we just left the lights off and continue our best friend night ending with a s’mores and a bon fire.

In the book I’m reading- They Poured Fire on Us From The Sky-the kids are walking days on days without eating. I don’t understand how they did that. Walking in the hot desert, for hours, with no shelter. Every time I read the book and what they are going through, it makes me hungry just thinking how hungry they were. I personally couldn’t do it. I could now just eat a random fishbone.

On the first day of bridge, Ames Hawkins, had plenty of memories on how and why she got started in her field that she love. As she says; if it feels like work then it’s not her passion. And that is what I understand and words to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment