Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Lost in Place 3

In the book, “Lost in Place”, the author talks mostly about the main character’s family and their relationship.   My parents got divorced when I was very young, and it did not really affect me as much as it does to other kids growing up. I never really wondered why they got separated, but I figured they knew best, after all they were my mom and dad. I would have to say that I am closer with my dad, because people say I look and act just like him when he was my age, so we think and feel the same way about a lot of things. That didn’t mean that I hated my mom or anything. She’s always there for me and always has my back when I’m too afraid to go to my dad about something, we just don’t always see eye to eye about things the way dad and I do.
              
  My family is a very close family. Sometimes, I think we are way too close, but that’s what my mom and dad always wanted, a close-knit family. They did not let the divorce cause any split or tear a family apart, we would see my dad two times a week and the rest of the time I was with my mom. And the kids were always in the same house, I liked that. I can’t say that mark and I have the same family style, because I feel like we are the closet family around, but I found some similarity the way he views and thinks of his dad.  Although I may hate it sometimes and think it’s very annoying, I always know that at the end of the day, my brother and sisters will always have my back, and that my parents will help me out in a sticky situation, and just want the best for me.

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate about the divorce situation, and how you said it never really upset you like most people. As long as I still spent as much time as possible with my siblings I was usually completely happy, as long as they weren't being little brats and pissing me off lol.

    ReplyDelete