Thursday, July 26, 2012

How to change the world through what i love!


            
Hey you guys! Sometimes when I see the question “How would you change the world?” I think about how I could change the world, and usually how I can change the world with what I love to do which is film. How I could change the world with film is simply broadcast the problems that are going on and inform people. I would also go around the world and ask different people what they think people like themselves can do to change the world? After editing all of that in to a short video documentary type I would put it on the internet and hope that it goes viral, I would also put my ad up for sale and raise money for little charities to better what going on. Another thing that I can do with film is make videos of how we can just change some of the ways we do things. For example when Elizabeth Davis-Berg gave her lecture yesterday she talked about the Shark Fin Soup and how they are trying to change the Chinese and who else serves it to serve something different. I read in an article that instead of serving the shark fin soup some restaurant’s in china were serving Bird’s Nest Soup. So that right there kind of fixed a small portion of the problem but if everybody got involved and stop serving and eating shark fin soup then the problem would be fixed in the “shark world”. So just like around the world there are many things that need changed so if there multiple videos showing what needs changed and fixed and everyone took charge and put in some effort to fix it then the world would start to get better by time.



A film that I would specifically document would be in my hometown Columbus, Ohio. It would be like how the little documentaries show that kids in Africa needs help, food, housing etc. I hear all the time when I don’t finish all of the food that I’m eating “Kids in Africa are starving and you’re throwing away a plate with food on It.” But then I think about it and say “well I mean there’s kids in Ohio that also need help, food, housing etc.” so if I was to do an documentary  it would just focus in on children in Columbus or even just in Ohio period. Then from there it could expand throughout other cities and states, then throughout the world. But I was once told “You can’t change the world if you can’t change yourself”  so if everybody in the world changed at least one thing about them then the world will slowly but surely be and get better and be changed. With my documentary I would focus in on first starving children, then homeless children and go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment