Thursday, July 26, 2012




                                                              How we can change the world
                Changing the world isn’t such an easy goal to set. In time little by little every action you make effects those around you. I think that if I were to change the world I would love to work with children. Helping feed the children even rescuing kids from abusive families. I guess guidance is what I would do with them trying to make them realize that they are worth more in this world. Working with kids is a very happy thing that I did back in high school. We would volunteer in the elementary schools and teach them to read and write. We would volunteer at the soup kitchens and food pantries; hold Christmas charity events to raise money to buy things they needed. I had a part time job in a womens safe home called A safe place. It was ahome for weomen who where in abusive relationships. basicaly the home shelters them for an amount of time with their children. they provide everything needed to get back their confidence and be able to move forward strong. I can’t help to watch someone so younger than me go through so much pain, the reality is very haunting to me. When I was seven I saw those ads they broadcast at twelve in the night, asking for help to save the children in India and Africa. I cried and I cried I didn’t know why no one was there helping them. That moment I swore that when I became older and had money I would support every charity I could. I still want to keep my word but along the way start off around where I can actually help in a physical way.

               One thing outside of Columbia that I would love to accomplish is starting an organization for orphanages. To help make more not just in the states but in areas where there is no funding to do such a thing. It’s a big mission and I know the chances are that it will take years just to get started. I don’t care though. I want this as a goal that I will start and will definitely finish no matter how long it takes. Listening to the way that one million bones were started is very inspiring and helpful. I saw how much they got done and how far they have reached around the globe. But I also saw how it started and it’s good to know every big thing was once a small thing. one million bones was made to get people to notice, to be aware of the mayhem around them. its also made to be seen by those who have refused to belive. to recognize allthose who have suffered and the victims who survived. displaying a million bones infront of the the whasingthon manument in the year of 2013. I may not have much now to give but i try as much as i can. In time everything will happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment