Monday, July 30, 2012

Soccer

                                                   
My prized memory would be the times I played soccer across the street from my house everyday it would be the same thing. Go to school after words come back home finish my homework, then go outside and play soccer.  I would do this till the age of 16 since I moved away from my neighborhood. Most of the kids from my block were older than me some were from the ages of sixteen and older. I was the ten year old kid they would choose as the defense even though I was a chubby little kid I could run. I would chase them for the ball determined to catch them off guard sweep the ball away.

  At times it was difficult since I had to be tough since most of the older kids beamed the ball right at me. Trying to score but I would always block since it was my job as the defense to not let the ball pass me at any means necessary. After words would go home with bruises take a painful shower since the water would drip onto my body like little knives. But knowing we won that day was what mattered.   I had this crazy passion for soccer as a kid always dreaming that I would be next Lionel Messi but I stopped that dream after my freshmen year be on the soccer team.

But it’s different with bridge I am truly determined to make it to this school with all my guts. I feel that my passion for gaming will get me through bridge and into the school year. During my junior year I came to visit the game department in which motivated me to strive for it come to Columbia.  I loved how all the games they had in display were for play and had their own unique way of showing the audience what they liked. Bridge in a way is just a level in a game that has to be passed and I will pass it if it takes everything I got. Sarah Vowell connects to me in the way that she also dreams that she wanted to accomplish like when she wanted to go to the Chelsea Hotel since a famous writers, singer and artists visited their and unique things happened there. Well for me it’s Columbia I want to come here for its amazing game department. Irreplaceable teachers and classes that can make a student become someone big in the gaming world.

No comments:

Post a Comment