Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Materials


The material rhetoric that I wear I think speaks volumes about which how I because I like to think dress exceptionally well. To me my finest material are my Cartier sunglasses, and my Rolex watch.

                The reason why I like to wear my Rolex watch is because it is a symbol to me, that time is money and that in order to be at the spot I want to be, I need to be on time. My Rolex was a gift to me by my father for an eighth grade graduation present. When I asked him could I get a presidential one, he just laughed at me, and said “The next is on you”. This has always been in my head since he said it. It makes me strive for more every time I look at it. When I came to Chicago my mom told me I couldn’t wear it and made me put on another watch. She was fearful that someone might just to conduct harm to my body for it.  Now I don’t even where the watch because it just doesn’t bring the same value and meaning as my Rolex. It’s not the brand name that speaks to me it’s about the lesson my father gave me with the watch that matters to me.

                My Cartier sunglasses as well were left at home, which I think was a good choice until I get use to the city and know my way around. But there is something about looking through the lens of my glasses that I just see a whole new world and way of life. Its sounds corny even to me but it’s just me being honest. I love my glasses, and in Detroit it is like the thing to have, but also unsafe which why I don’t really wear them when I’m in the city. Because you have to know the surroundings you’re in before you put on materialistic things.   

No comments:

Post a Comment