Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 1 Question. Who am I? Sean Ross



The typical college student does not know who they want to be or what they want to do with their life. Well I know 100% what I want to be and am 100% determined to get there.
Most people in the world would not understand the life of a dancer. The only life I know is to be a dancer. Simply without dance; who am I?  Well you see I don’t have that answer just yet as my life continues to be just dance. Ever since the age of eight the dance world has been my only world.
Starting with Irish dance at the age of eight years old taught me a lot about life and hard work. It’s one thing that makes everything better but also my biggest stress line.  Irish dance is still a part of my life for now ten years.  With all of the countless hours put into practice for my competitions and performances; it took a toll on my social life. But have you ever been in love with something so much that it is all you want to do? Well I certainly have and I hope it never goes away.  Irish dance was my whole life but I decided to branch out to other styles as well. For my senior year of high school I went to a performing arts high school for dance. We learned ballet, tap, jazz, and modern dance. It opened up a whole new life for me, which is how I ended up in the chair Isit in at this college campus in Chicago.                                              
Dance is just a form of entertainment for the ones eyes who watch but for me it’s so much more. It helped me becoming who I am as a person; to accept myself as well as other people. Hard work is one of the most determined things a dancer will learn and have built into their mind set and bodies. Without dance who would I be? Frankly I don’t want to know.

6 comments:

  1. i love your drive to be a dancer i can relate from the positive energy in the fact that this is what you want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's amazing you're so driven! My mom's boss's wife is the editor of an Irish dancing magazine and her daughter is touring in Japan right now, so I know there's so many cool opportunities! That will be amazing to pursue here in such an incredible city!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very great! Its great to see a dream become a passion and that passion become reality, love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats dope that your a dancer, i dance as well but more into acting. Also thats pretty cool that your so driven and determined in what you want to achieve.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Irish dancing that must be hard work. It takes dedication.

    ReplyDelete