Tuesday, July 31, 2012

post 6 art?

You can’t just define art. Of course there is a definition stating that art is skill produced by imagination and creativity. That’s the way the people define it the as I like to call them the right thinkers.  Art is a way of expression it’s that escape to a land in which is your own. The pictures in one’s head and the emotional impact that it gives into the air. There is an endless detail into what art truly is and what it means I don’t think you can truly define art. Every piece painting made came from a specific person and to try to define the work is like trying to define the artist. The Google definition doesn’t lie. It is a skill created through imagination and creativity but there’s more to it than Google can process.

                The thought of trying to explain how art is defined is harder than it looks. The frustration that I get when I’m asked to define something that has no words to it. One of my favorite artists is Margaret kilgallen.  She is known for her bird’s trees and women. When you look at her art you are quickly memorized by the pop out color and the boldness that she presents. She really tries to grab your attention and when you are directed to her a message is being told. To me art is never explainable ever. The thing is that I’d rather have people come up with their own interpretation to the work that I make because it gives them a chance to be able to think and try to figure out the scheme behind my ideas. They make up their own story. Even though it is my passion there are no words to explain on what I think art is. Not because I don’t try or don’t care. It’s because every day I think of something new to say and think about it. One day I’m thinking one thing the next day is a whole different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment