Tuesday, July 24, 2012

THE best book!


The saying “a pictures is worth a thousand words” that’s how the cover of Lost in Sudan works.  It caught my attention by the cover of the book. It was raw and had just the amount of “interesting” to grab people attention. I chose this book because of the pain the boys went through just to get away from their country. After reading the introduction, it was remarkable to read about the boys, and how they culture worked.

Of course reading into the book, Benson, the fifth child of his large family is my favorite. He is the eye of everything. The first chapter is intense and exciting; Benson talks about his family and their way of living. One of the most shocking part me, in the book, is the dad, who have fives wives. That is odd for me because as I know marriage is just for two people. Not several. I mean how do you balance all the ladies? Even Hugh Hefner only has three girlfriends.  But five? That’s just impressive.

I also found their way in Sudan of “rich” is cattle. Not money. Just cows. A heard of cows could tell a lot about a man’s wealth. I think us Americans should have that mindset. It shouldn’t be about the new it fall line of 2013 from Marc Jacobs; which is AMAZING by the way. It should be about hard work to and a great family structure. So now I’m going to go purchase a cow!

 I love how he describes his feelings on wanting to wear clothes. Which is funny because people these days barely wear clothes. I like Benson eagerness to want to be one of the “big boys” but he’s too young to partake in the adult things that he would like to do.
So far, I’m happy I chose this book, I can’t wait to continue on and do not cry doing it. SO GO ON AND GET TO READING!

No comments:

Post a Comment