Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Art: Film


   Flashing lights, rolling tape, and writing scripts. That’s what defines my art. Being able to create a character and watch it come to life on camera is the best feeling. Film is there for people to take risks and to display on film what people are afraid of to do in real life. It opens up endless ways to make your ideas be heard. Anybody can hold a camera and press record; you need to have passion in what you are doing to make something simple as that come across extraordinary on the screen. My job is screenwriting. The brains behind a film, it is what gives the actors their characters…literally. I am passionate about what I do. During high school, and all while I was trying to find myself. I found film. I never got a big role in my class, because most people didn’t acknowledge the technical part of what film is. The people who actually make it happen all they see are the stars. I wrote a script for my classes mini movie “Exposed.” It was about a high school full of teens and they all have a secret within their cliques, and then in the end they are eventually exposed. I know, it wasn’t like a full on script for Steven Spielberg’s but it was good for a 15 year old girl in high school. Even though I never got credit for writing the script for the movie I took a lot of knowledge and experience from that, but next time I won’t be writing for a little high school production class movie I’ll be writing for my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment