Tuesday, July 24, 2012

7/24: Take the Cannoli

Hello Everyone!
                The book that I read last night was Take the Cannoli. What I got out of the first story “Shooting Dad” was a lot about guns and politics. In the beginning of the book it talks about the day before Election Day that from the outside you could see that their house is divided by Democratic and Republican campaign posters in their windows. The only thing the narrator and her father agreed on was the Constitution.  The narrator considered herself a gunsmith’s daughter because of her dad had guns everywhere.  
The reason I picked this book was because I like when books have just a lot of short stories inside because they are short and quick and gets to the point and not long and dragged out. A couple factors I took while making my decision in picking this book were thinking about if I will be interested while reading the book, if from the description am I going to be able to understand and comprehend the text?  My first impression on the story was that it was very interesting that with the narrator being only a teenager she refers to herself as a gunsmith’s daughter. Also how her father just keeps guns everywhere around the house and for her to have to move guns out her way of the kitchen table just to eat cereal. I also saw in the story that the narrator was an attention seeker because she would always use the line “My dad makes guns.”  I am enjoying the book it’s kind of different from what I’m use to reading but it’s not as bad as I thought. The books that I like to read are mainly mysteries because I like to try to find out the problem before reading it and seeing the difference between what I thought was going to happen and what really happens. I am also into drama.  

No comments:

Post a Comment