Thursday, July 26, 2012

Gary plan to change the world


The way I plan to change the world, is through acting. I feel that when I make it in acting, I will go back to my home city of Detroit, and create a whole new city. I really want to be remembered as a hometown hero. Because I lived in Detroit, I know it has so much to offer. With so much undiscovered talent in Detroit, I think because of how bad the city is doing right now they will never get a shot to really be someone and explore the world.

How I would start is first by getting into the school system and hiring better teachers.  Better teachers offer a better learning environment. Also destroying abandon house and creating new ones would be a project I would like to be a part of. It may sound like I want to be the mayor but the truth is I just don’t want to see a beautiful city go into shambles. Detroit has so much history to it that I think could be express through Museums, and tour bus guides.

             After school programs would consist of theatre or fashion, or dance. The point is that their could be after school programs that dont judt involve sports. All kids are not into sports but wish their school could found a drama program. the things that Grosse Pointe and East Grand Rapids schools offer. To make it clear the things that the primarily white schools, have that black schools wont get because of funding and taxes. Also getting the parents involved would be a aspect that would key as well. It starts at home and leads to the school.

Buildings like the Train station that are not in use anymore I would leave standing because it is more of a historical monument. Although there is beautiful graffiti on it, it still remains apart of Detroit history not only for trains but for movies and other events as well.

The same way Ames talked so passionate about a million bones, and being a part of a solution rather than just talking about. Being a part of a program and not waiting on someone else to start it. Or the way Beth described her passion for marine biology, and how we need to stop eating shark fin, that the world only has 124 reserves.  I am the same way about acting.

 Although I think changing Detroit would be a great way to be remembered as well as my acting in movies. I feel that if the kids in Detroit got to have the same education as the kids in Grosse Pointe, I think we as a world could start to make better decisions, and statements for a city. I thank god that I was given the chance to see how different the education system are between mid-low class and high class education.


No comments:

Post a Comment