Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 3: family

                  Family in my opinion has many different meanings. Family are the people who love you stick by your side through thick and thin, and would support any decisions you make in your life. I know at one specific time in my life I needed guidance and I need help with an important decision. I made the best choice I knew I could and it was frowned upon.  The people in my household weren’t very supportive of what I thought was the best solution to the problem. There was a couple people in my life at that point that said what I did was best and supported my decision. They also helped guide me through that process. I think all people view family differently. I don’t consider all the people I’ve lived with my family, just people who are involved in, or are part my life at that given time. I don’t think that just because you are blood related you should have to call that person family. I don’t disagree with how the author depicts his or the three lost boys families, I think their lives and views are just different then my own.          

This is my family.
In the book, “They Poured Fire on Us From the Sky”, the lost boys from Sudan describe their family as close and loving. They all have a job that makes them use full in the families working environment. Their families help them learn and teach them use full every day lessons and skills. I also notice that they comfort each other in times of hardship and help them adapt to those situations. Even after they were run out of their homes, there were people along the way that helped them when they needed it most. There was one part in the book, after Benson had fled the attack in his village, where he meets a man that knew his father. “I met your family when we went through your village, but I don’t know you – Don’t be afraid. Come with me.” I think this is an excellent example of the separation between blood related, and people in your life you can call your family. People who are going to be there for you when you need it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment