Monday, July 23, 2012

Gary's First Blog

Hello my name is Gary. I love acting; it has always been my passion since I was a little kid. I don’t know what it is but there is something about the camera and making people smile that I love. I like to joke around a lot, and have a good time, but I do understand when it’s time for work and not play. I moved from Detroit to Grand Rapids when I was in high school, I really didn’t enjoy it that much so I’m glad about a new start.
This summer I did a lot of reading to help build up my time speed and comprehension level. I also traveled a lot to explore more of the world than just staying in Grand Rapids. Most of them were with family, so that added a whole new factor of arguments and laughter. One of the places I went was Niagara Falls, I really understand the why it was such a talked about place until I went there and had been on the made of the mist. I realized it was just wanted I needed before I came here. The falls help me release some feelings and worries I had about with the bridge program.
I am a little overwhelm by the big city of Chicago but I know I will do just fine, I am excited to meet new people that want to express their self in theatre as well. My favorite actor is Will Smith and Denzel Washington also Leonardo Dicaprio is ranked high on my list of great actors.
Overall, I would day that I am a fun individual to be around. I am always looking for a way to make any bad situation good. My goal at Columbia is too become a great actor and hopefully move into the industry. I feel with the help of Columbia and the bridge program I will successfully be into Columbia to start my real journey and passion.

2 comments:

  1. You definitely have the personality for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you gonna have your own tv show in detroit like Martin? if so I'd suggest you cast one of the kardashians to play Gina. Kim would be a good fit.

    ReplyDelete