Monday, July 23, 2012

Evan Bell, Future Analyst.

My name is Evan Bell. My name, according to my mother, means John in welsh. I’m not exactly sure what welsh is but it sounds cool so I tell that as an interesting fact about me. I was born September 18th, 1994 in Chicago, Illinois. Born and raised as Cubs fan that went rogue and became a Sox fan. I can remember longer than what the average 17-year old can. I remember when I was 3 years old and my parents would put me down to take a nap or put me in timeout and I’d take a nap. On those Sundays, my dad was always watching Tiger Woods dominate the PGA Tour. Even though I’m not the biggest golf fan, it helped create my passion for sports. Since then I’ve participated in a lot of sports like football, basketball, softball, track, golf, rugby, lacrosse and even Martial Arts. My mom helped me to realize that my passion for sports was for more than just on the field or court. She realized that I could turn my knowledge base for all of these different sports into a career. My mom began to influence me to become a Journalist and since then my passion for sports, writing, and creativity grows every day. I’ve always been known as the type of person that you can debate with but you will never when the argument with because I’m always right and I can’t be proven wrong. That’s true mostly but not always. I am always still learning and I love listening to other people and learning about their experiences. I almost always have a smile on my face and it takes a lot to keep me down. I had my struggles in high school just like everyone else and it took a lot for me to persevere and have this opportunity at Columbia. I take nothing for granted and I respect everyone even if they are not respectful to me. I plan on taking my passion for both writing and sports and turning it into a career as a Sports Analyst or Sports writer for ESPN. I want to be one of the analysts who write Columns for ESPN as well as appear on air or on the radio. My idol is Chicago native Michael Wilboun who is a well- educated person who talks about and debates different topics with his co-host Tony Kornhiesher everyday on Pardon the Interruption. Those are my hopes and dreams that I plan on fulfilling to the fullest extent. It all starts right here, at Columbia.

2 comments:

  1. I think you can definitely get to the point of what you define as success! keep at it!

    ReplyDelete