Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Day two prompt, Take The Cannoli



The book I choose to read was 'Take the Cannoli' written by Sarah Vowell.

It takes me a lot to actually read a book. Although I love to read, most books I just don’t find interesting. However, when you’re given the option to choose your reading it always makes things a bit more interesting. While listening to the professors discuss each book I was listening for a book with character, a book that would catch my attention the entire way through. When selecting a book to read I normally like to choose a book that could in some way relate to me, or be completely different from me. This is because sometimes characters can be so similar to you that you feel connected to the reading, but sometimes can differ from you so that it helps broaden who you are. My first impression of this book from hearing about it was, “hmm…ok sounds better than the other ones”. However as I became reading over the book, it seemed as if this book really would be a great choice from me to have chosen. When I opened the book I seen the first chapter was ‘Shooting Dad’ and then I said “ok…I have got to read this”. It the story ‘Shooting Dad’ she talks about her home being divided and even though the context of a home being divided were different it still related to me. I like that the book does tell stories about a variety of different things; from things about firearms, to music. The book in general seems very diverse and it talks about a lot of different things. So far I can’t find anything that I dislike, but like any other book, I’m there will be many things that disconnect me from the reading. However, overall I believe I choose a great book and I’m excited to read even more.

-Ryan Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment