Wednesday, July 25, 2012

"Take the Cannoli" Apart of me, myself and I

          Take the Cannoli, Sarah Vowell present family as one of the most important part in her life. It seems to me that family is always first then it’s her. Only her and her twin sister that lives with her parents when they move to Montana. Her dad was the men of the house because he was the only one working and bringing home the bacon! Her mom was more pleasant; calm and the housewife. Her twin sister, Amy was around with her parents more (especially their father) because Sarah refuse to go hunting with them. The way she appears her dad’s demeanor is that he is the strongest when it comes making a good decisions for his family; Vowell is as strong as her father because they always disagreeing on a topic and always debating about who’s right or wrong; they both are the same.

         It’s the same for me and my father, my mom always says “you act just like your dad!” I always deny that I do act like him because we always have a disagreement on almost every topic that we discuss before. Only one time is when I agree with my father and it’s on my education. Hell! We argue about what college I wanted to go to. My mom was even taking up for him; I was so piss I didn’t what to do. Vowell will probably understand what I was going through with her dad.

          In the book, Vowell also talks about her family’s history and how they were connected to the Big Horn Gun cannon that are located in the front of Bozeman’s Pioneer Museum. It was brought to the shores of Bozeman around 1870; local white merchants used it to fire at the Sioux and Cheyenne Indians who block their trade to the East. They continue to kill more and more tribes of the Indians until the merchants hired some community minded southern soldiers from North Texas; some of the soldiers where her greats of great grandfather John Vowell. John Vowell has a record of killing people and since he abandon his wife and child ( her great-grandfather Charles) who was lost until 1920. 

       

No comments:

Post a Comment