Monday, July 23, 2012

Day 1 Question: Who am I?

My name is Austin Michael Oremus. I am one of 4 children, two girls and two boys and I grew up in Lockport, IL. I went to catholic grade school, catholic high school for 2 years then I escaped private schooling went to Lemont High School for 2 years. I played snare drum in band for a few years in grade school, but I quit that because I thought it was boring.  Going into high school I started to learn how to play guitar, having my first lesson on my birthday that summer. Since then I have not only continued to play guitar, but I picked up how to play bass, banjo and piano. I also picked up drums again, but this time with a full set, not just a single snare drum. I could play music all day; it never gets old for me. Sometimes ill mess around on a piano too if I get the chance. My mom is a broker/real estate agent at Codewell Banker in Lockport, my dad owns a concrete company in AZ. I have two older sisters, Sara and Ali. Sara lives here in Chicago, she works at Nemin Marcus. Ali just graduated Milliken University, and she now lives California. Back home, my little brother Cooper is going to be a Jr. this year at Providence Catholic High School (he didn’t escape the catholic school like I did). I also have a dog back home named Floydd, he’s a crazy blonde golden-doodle. I am coming to Columbia to expand my musical skills and understand more about music and how it all works. I am staying in the university center this year, so if anyone plays any instruments or wants to do anything with making music, I’m always looking for new people to making something with.


4 comments:

  1. i play a little guitar, not too good though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guitar is awesome. Can you play Jimi Hendrix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My band plays a cover of "Fire", I think it sounds pretty cool

      Delete
  3. I'm happy for you and your escape from Catholic school lol. I was in choir for 11 years and played music with my friends. A lot of acoustic stuff and covers. But my favorite was sitting in a room with some of my favorite dudes and writing until we were content. I miss singing on stage so much! I'm jealous of your ability to play banjo. A lot of my friends are in the music industry and they've let me go on tour and warped with them. It's been the most incredible experiences. I hope you get to experience that with your music!

    ReplyDelete