Monday, July 23, 2012

Well I’m a girl. Ha, just kidding, no seriously I am, I’m N’dea Davis from the south side of Chicago. Not the most appealing place but its home. I had a cat named Diva when I was little but it ran away and now I have this deep connection towards animals and so badly wants another cat, but staying at home for college with my mom and 2 demonic little sisters doesn’t seem ideal. So, for now I just dream.
Besides being an animal lover, I’m a huge geek for movies, which explains me majoring in Film here at Columbia. It’s something about writing a character for someone and seeing them come to life in front of the camera, I call it the Power of Screenwriting. I tried the whole being a director, and also being the talent, but I was horrible at being mean to people and I couldn’t remember a script to save my life. Screenwriting it is, I was always told I was good at writing but the lack of motivation and laziness always somehow held me back until I got in high school. I was forced to write, with a double period creative writing classes and an English class. I was drowning in writing prompts, but I took that whole idea of “this is work” and turned it into “this might be something fun.” So, I grew a pair, took a flash fiction class and worked at this craft I have. Then I was introduced to TV production, where I could write what I want and people would act out the crap that I wrote. I thought it was gold, and I must say I loved it ever since.

2 comments: