Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Material Rhetoric

Material Rhetoric is almost like your judging someone by the way they appear. It could either be a good thing or not good at all. Most people will spend their life trying to find ways to dress that will defined them or so fit it. People crave to be unique in different but in all of us doing so, are we different?

During our first lecture doctor Ames taught us about material rhetoric and what it says  about you. One thing that stuck with me is when you said “what is this dude talking about? Is this dude even a dude?” well she was dressed in a button up dress shirt and bow tie with dress pants as if a “boy” would dress, and I think it defined her as she enjoys being herself and isn’t your typical girlie girl and is comfortable in her skin.
Well yes but we are also all alike without realizing it. I don’t like to label myself as anything which is kind of what the blog question is asking, but if I were I’d have to say I’m just me. I wear what I want and sometimes I mix different styles of clothing. My style is classic vintage shirts with preppy shorts; I know most people are thinking, yeah right? But that is how I define myself; I think I dress nicely so I hope other people think so to. The vintage shirts say he’s got style and that I know what I like and a personable person to be able to wear whatever I want and not care what others think. By preppy shorts I mean they are normally bright colored or kaki style shorts, I think since its bright and warm colors it says that I am a warm person who you could go to with your problems and would always be there for someone.

I have four piercings, one on my right lobe, two on my left lobe, and one of my right cartilage. Piercings are a strong way to define someone, I think it symbolized that you’re a little fearless and that you’re willing to be more of a risk taker. It says that I don’t care what people think because most boys wouldn’t have all of those piercings on their ears.  I think each piercing has a different meaning because every time you get another piercing, it gives a whole new meaning and purpose. I think that my piercings define me as different as most boys or people. And that it shows that I am a risk taker and have no fear to be able to get the piercings and walk around in them.

I’m always stretching, dancing, or tapping with my feet; by this you can tell I’m obsessed with dance. My math teacher senior year called my “tappy” because it’s all I would do with my feet. It says that I am a dancer and that I am thinking of something that I love 24/7.

No comments:

Post a Comment