Monday, July 23, 2012

Hi my name is Camae HIll

I’ll start by say Hello class! My name is Camae Hill. You pronounce it Cam-mae.  I’m from Columbus Ohio and I’m currently 17 years old but will be turning 18 in a couple weeks on July 30th. I am the oldest of 5. Three sisters and one brother. With that I have a lot of responsibility and had to mature a little faster than others.  I am here at Columbia to major in Film/Video Cinematography to become a Cinematographer. I’m very excited to start in the fall. My love for filming started two years ago, I was in career center that had a film and television production program. When I entered the program I entered having the thoughts of being an actress and bettering my on camera skills. By the end of my program I was one of my instructor’s top three camera operators. In that program I made many short videos and also starred in a couple of them. One of the short films we filmed while we were in Chicago named “ I Got This” and it was mainly about a girl lost downtown Chicago trying to find her way to Columbia College but when her mom try’s to give her directions on how to get there she would just tell her “I got this”, until she got tired of looking so she then stopped being a know it all and asked somebody how to get there. It made me feel that I was in-charge.  My eleventh grade year my instructor brought a couple of his student to Chicago to visit Columbia’s film program and that is when I fell in love with Columbia! Ever since then my mind has been set to attend Columbia College Chicago. Since that day I had my mom bring me back to Chicago to the open house to explore more of the campus.  After that second trip to Chicago I knew for sure that Columbia was for me because it’s a performing arts school just like the elementary, middle, and high school I went to. Also every time I come here I get extra excited to be here and have that “This is the right school for you Camae!” feeling. So by the end of my four years here I will be a soon to be if not already Cinematographer.

2 comments:

  1. Cinematographers are cool. Film a movie about donuts and fat people. You'll make good money off of it. Look at the Simpsons they're creators are rich. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete