Monday, July 23, 2012

Fashion and Me!


         Hey ya’ll, my name is Adina Deramus. I was born and raised in Chicago, IL I am the second oldest of four girls (on my mother side). I have an older brother on my dad side. What I want you guys to know about me is that I’m a family gal. I love to be around them and they also encourage me to do what I want to do in life.  I’m also a good listener, whatever problems or if you just in the need of talking to somebody I am here for whatever reason or issue you want to talk about. I love to cook….sometimes. I have a large family so cooking for them is kind of enough for me, but I will cook every now and then. I love movies and Hollywood stars like Marilyn Monroe, Denzel Washington, Angela Basset, and many other good actors. I majoring in Fashion Business and Designing.
    
           I have a passion for drawing and painting anything that appears to me as “True Beauty”. I will also like to become a supermodel like Tyra Banks, Beverly Johnson, and Naomi Campbell because…..I want the world to see that it doesn’t matter how tall and what size you are.You are unique in your own way and somebody is going to like that type of positivity and apply it to their self. That is why I want to be a model. Travel like a model is also cool to do too! Paris, France is my first destination it's the international capital of Fashion!!! I just have top go before I hit 21!!! It's one of my long-term missions.
      
         Giving back to the community is more of a mission for me because growing up on the south side of Chicago in the community I was in fashion and how the way you dress was the “it girl” of everything. Like if you don’t shop from Macy’s and high price clothing store, and then you are a non-factor to the popular kids. For me to come from a family of tall people I was growing by the minute. My mom will buy school clothes for me that supposed to last till next year. Within the next 3 or so months I will grow out of it and she will be surprise that I grew that fast. Fashion Business and Designing is what I want to do for living; I understand how and what other girls out there who are taller than me feel and want clothes for them that can make them feel young, beautiful, and sexy….(for the older girls). I finally made my own dress....well I'm not done yet, but it's for me and only me. I will transition on the making clothes for women. I do want to make prom dresses. I like the creativity that's involve in the making of it. You can do whatever you want to do and it want even matter if it's weird to others.

I will like to design dresses more like this particular one above, but I will also like to do something different from this. I want to make it more of a plus size dress and for taller girls.

2 comments: