Monday, July 23, 2012

Who am I? Day 1

                Well my name is Javier; I am originally from humble park, in Chicago IL. When I was younger I lived in a bad neighborhood. I lived there up until I was ten and moved to the southwest suburbs with my mom, step dad, and two sisters.  I went to Glenbard East high school, in Lombard which was the next town over. During high school I moved around with sports but I really enjoyed wrestling. I did that for about two years, and expanded out of that to mixed martial arts. During high school I found that I really enjoy art, and not just drawing but all forms. For my first year I attended a few drawing classes just to open up the doors for my artistic career. Sophomore year came around and I had a few more introductory classes, in drawing and a little painting.  I didn’t really feel that I was learning what I wanted to and I felt like I needed to open up even more. Junior year I decided that I wanted to take a painting class. I wanted to do this because I didn’t really like color and I wanted to expand my knowledge for different paints and shades. I joined a painting 1 class first semester and found that I loved it, and it gave me a true outlet for my artistic expression.  Second semester I was able to take the painting 2 class and was given more privileges to material. Finally senior year came around and I felt like I wanted to take on the AP honor studio art class. It was challenging but I loved how fast paste it was. It gave me my voice which I was able to carry over to other forms of art. When I was off from school,  I started to film and take pictures of my friends and I where skating. I really got into the film and edit process, it was another great way to let out and express what was going on in my head.  I requested to take a class out of school, a college credited class at TCD (technology Center of Dupage), where I took Media and T.V. production. I learned a lot during this course, and with my painting background I was able to paint one of the sets for a children’s show we were going to direct. My teacher was so impressed, by the end of the show, instead of knocking everything down; he saved the background painting to be used in one of his sets. (to be continued)…

8 comments: