Thursday, July 26, 2012

day 4: Accomplish?


             Well first I should start with why I’m coming to Columbia. The reason why I’ve chosen to attend Columbia is, first the people. I’m going to be surrounded by people who aren’t judgmental. I going to be with people who have the same or similar interests, and I can tell already that people are generally accepting of one another. Everybody has their own style, their own agenda, and their own goals. I find that this really makes a successful learning environment.

The second reason why I’m attending Columbia is the wide range of artistic talent and learning experiences available. Art is universal, and I feel that if you stick yourself in one place for too long without variety, you become ignorant to the world around you. I feel like Columbia is going to help mold me to hope fully the person I want to be out of college.

The third and final reason I’m attending Columbia is because of the location. Chicago has so many artistic features about it. I can see something beautiful in every corner, the people, and the architecture. Art is everywhere here. I feel that if I immerse myself in the environment, I’ll be successful in my future endeavors.

                When comes to out of college, I know I want to do something. It seems as though I’ve skated through life with no direction waiting for something to happen. I know I want to both make a change in my life and others; I’m just not sure what that change is going to be. I also want to be successful. Growing up my family has always had money problems, and I never want to tell my kids that I can’t do something for them because of my lack of money. Also my lack of preparing for my future, I don’t think they should have to suffer for it. I want to make a small difference were ever I can. As for out of college and what I want to do? I have no matured thought or way of knowing. I know what interests me now and I’m going to pursue in painting and media production, but I have no way of knowing what lies in store for me. Painting for me has been a scapegoat. I like to do a lot of abstract mixed media. It seems like everybody who paints, does it for emotion or to tell about their life, but in my opinion, that’s why people do it. It’s helped me express and let loose a lot of the problems I’ve had in my life thus far. As for media and T.V. production, I’ve loved the time spent on making small edits or filming. It’s like an escape from the rest of the world and only paying attention to the beautiful things in life. Looking at the world through a lens is much more relaxing and calm then what is going on around you, it’s a feeling that can’t be explained. Already during the bridge program, I’ve gotten a glimpse of my future. I hope to become successful because that’s my main focus in life, to be better then who I was brought up by. I want to be the change in my life; I want to stop waiting for something to happen.     

No comments:

Post a Comment