Monday, August 13, 2012


As we all sit here on this last Monday of the Bridge program, knowing that if it weren’t for our determination and hard work towards everything we were expected to do; we wouldn’t be in these chairs at our last week of what is ultimately getting us into Columbia.


I think this entire experience has opened doors for each and every one of us—even those who passed by the opportunities to succeed in this program; they were still exposed to what college is expecting out of us. We all are at an advantage because by getting into the habits of laying down our priorities before school has even begun; proves to ourselves that we belong here and we will be successful in our time here at Columbia. I personally have watched myself grow as an individual since day one here in this program by always being on top of what needs to be done and getting assignments in and on time; those two things I can admit were never part of who I was throughout high school. I don’t know if it’s because I feel like I have more freedom being here, or if it’s just the fact that I finally am realizing what is important and what can wait that is keeping me on top of my priorities. Whatever it is, I can proudly say I have grown out of the bad habits and grown brand new successful ones that I plan to carry with me for the rest of my life.

From the first five hundred word writing response to this last five page paper essay; I am honestly in awe of myself because usually it would have taken me at least three weeks to finish a paper with my “perfectionism” and critiques on my work. But, I have managed to write a total of eleven, five-hundred word papers in the matter of three weeks, and a five page essay in a total of about two or three hours (even after editing and revising.) By doing this, I have realized what I am really capable of when I just put my mind to something. We all can initially do anything we want too, we just have to have the right mindset towards it and perseverance for it to actually happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment