Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thanks. to all.


Today, Thursday is our last day at Bridge. Four weeks ago we started the journey that was the prelude to our journey at Columbia. Walking into 33 E Congress building of Columbia College I did not know what to expect. I knew that it would be a grind and that I would have to focus for the task ahead no matter what they gave us. I knew this was money time because it is all on me, no parents to push me to do work or to study it has been all on me. I was scared at first but four weeks later I have come out a well prepared college freshman, a better writer, and most importantly a better student. I also made connections with my two professors I will already have experience with because one of them (Caitlynn) will be my teacher this upcoming school year so I am excited about that.

                I feel even better coming out of this program already have made a lot of friends and come back in a week with very good connections with my fellow peers. I have become with good friends with my classmates Gary, Kaitlin, Javier, Mitchy, Austin, Ashley, David, Sean, and pretty much everyone in the class. I have also become good friends with many kids outside of our close knit group. Those people are too many to name but I’m excited because I’m coming to college excited because I know what it takes to be successful and what it takes to stay here.

I have matured as a writer, a student, and as a person and I have to thank my two teachers, Brad and Caitlynn for that. Besides them being the COOLEST teachers in the program they really helped me and gave I well-constructed criticism. I remember when I first started and it took me forever to reach 300 and complete my thoughts. Now I can reach 300 words with no problem and have no problem with completing my thoughts and clearly identifying my main idea. I will always remember this and drop in on the both of them during the school year just to hang out. I’m thankful to the office of admissions for giving me a chance to prove myself. They showed me that they believe that grades don’t tell the story of the person and I’ll always show gratitude to Columbia College and the bridge program. Thank You J

No comments:

Post a Comment