Monday, August 6, 2012

My Biggest Audience - Mama!


There are many things that determine who our audience will be. It’s important in any situation you know who your audience is. It helps with presentation when you know how you are presenting to. You should be conscious of who is observing you even if you don’t know they are.
For example, my Mom is my audience. I know she watches me and pays attention to everything I do.  She doesn’t always make it obvious that she’s watching me but I do things to make her feel proud. I remember being in a talent show when I was in the 3rd grade. I was so nervous that I couldn’t even think. I remember being so mad at myself for even auditioning. But I was like “ok Ryan, what are you doing, get it together.” It was so funny because I wasn’t even worried about what people thought about me I was more nervous because I didn’t want to do so bad that my mom was embarrassed. I remember seeing my mom before I went on stage and I told her that I apologize in advance if I embarrass her, and she just laughed and told me “Boy shut up, you are going to do great. Besides I love you regardless this is your moment, don’t worry about me.” I laughed my nervousness away and I performed looking at her the whole time! I ended up winning 2nd place, and my mom was the only person I wanted to thank. I think I’ve always been conscious of making my mom feel embarrassed. That’s why I wanted to work hard to get to Chicago, and I am working hard in bridge. I don’t want her to be disappointed in me. I feel like I do everything as if I’m doing it for her. She always taught me to be professional and likable. She never wants me to be boring in my professionalism. She always tells me I have a great personality and that I should put my character in everything I do. The advice that she gave me has always stuck with me and has worked this far. I’ve only been on two job interviews, and I was blessed to get both jobs. I kept what she told me in the back of my head and spoke as if she were next to me, which is respectful, professional, but still with personality.

No comments:

Post a Comment