Wednesday, August 15, 2012

SNL : Bridge Edition

I think this quote is important because to me it means once you have experienced
something that you dislike, you realize you need to take action.
After listening to everyone’s ideas yesterday for their artistic translation on the five page paper, I soaked in all of the date’s information, which helped me come up with my great idea. Everyone had such a different vision and path they want to take on their artistic translation, it is so fascinating to see how other artists see things. A majority of the people are doing films or some similar type of project.

My project is going to be a film with a lot in it, revolving around action. Action is my topic for my final paper, and to me action means, taking a stand for what you believe in. The best and most entertaining way I can think of to express this is by putting on something similar to SNL, Saturday Night Live. The opening is a one minute dance to a song by Birdy called People Help the People. The dance explains how a wealthy girl is taking action by helping a homeless man who has no recognition because people ignore him. She shows him the friendship and shows a heart that makes him feel like he isn’t alone and that people do care.
Next we move onto the host who is Sarah Vowell the author of Take the Cannoli, and it will be a spoof, that kind of makes fun of the book and taking action in general.  I’m not 100% sure of how the skits are going to be planned out at this moment but hopefully funny. Sarah Vowell will also tell how she took action which is explained in my paper, in a comedic way. Then we will move onto the special guest singer, who is an anonymous rapper.  He is explaining how taking action is important and to always follow your passion, stay interested in politics, and stand up for what you believe in. The song will also explain how he took action and how in the book Take the Cannoli takes action as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment