Thursday, August 2, 2012

Coreography to....Communications?


Whenever I watch television I am paying attention to the commercials to see what I would change or I am trying to figure who they’re trying to appeal to. Whenever I read a press release I am analyzing the way they word things to figure out what’s the main point. When I see a billboard ad I start thinking about if that ad is attractive enough to create attention around a brand. Whenever I see an up and coming entertainer I am explaining to them what I think they should do to shape their career or get a bigger fan base. Every day I do things relate to my art of communications and management, and whether I realize it or not it’s the choreography to my life, right?

                So I ask myself, how did this happen? How did I begin to do this choreography that now is shaping the choreography that I’ll be doing for the rest of my life in my career. I think it starts from my love for entertainment. Whenever one of my favorite artists would release an album I would think about how I would market the album in order for it to become successful. I would think about how I would get the world to buy this album. I would not only think about success sales wise, I would think about branding. How would I begin to brand this artist so that the people who hadn’t bought this album would buy the next one? I would look at everything from the album cover to the first single released. I remember I would get so angry when the artist didn’t promote the album the way I would have. Then I started to point out all the flaws of their PR campaign and their marketing strategies. In this sense I think the choreography would be getting up every morning to do research on the artist. How were they preparing for the launch of their album? What information were they giving to the public about their album? And I would do this every day, and it became a routine for me.



-
         










No comments:

Post a Comment