Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thank you Brad and Caitlin


So close to home,
                So far from there.
Scared and harmlessly,
                We start to care.

Alone but together,
                Divided we stand.
Our last weekend here,
                Before we are Bridge Student grads.


Day 1 I found anxiety weighing me down.
Filling my pockets,
Dropping my pride to the ground.

Different colors and questions,
                Different hopes and beliefs.
But we gather together,
                In this room where we meet.

Growing and changing,
                Discomfort embraced,
Folding and compartmentalizing,
                As our futures fall into place.

Three weeks have gone by now,
And only the strongest survive.
Survival of the fittest,
                Proving wrong everyone who said no,
We push forward and defy.


Say goodbye to the past,
                Tomorrow is new,
Drive pulls us forward,
                Leaving behind only a few.

Work harder than ever,
                Be detailed and concise.
Failure is not an option,
                This is the newest chapter of my life.
               
I woke up this morning,
                And I thought to myself,
Today will be different,
                Here we have found our own wealth.

The downside of sailing on the water
in which we sail in in friend-ships
Is that the stowaways are common,
                Attracting fake passengers trying to benefit.
Feeding off your success,
                Absorbing your aura.
I feel incased by a fear,
                That’s identical to my motive.

So the weekend will come,
                Then Monday will follow,
Next week is our last here,
                And we should all truly be proud of;
The people we’ve met and the work we have done,
                The information absorbed
And our days become quite less hollow.

Thank you, fellow class mates and teachers,
                For everything and more that you’ve done.
You gave us the chance no one else did,
                Finally feeling like my future’s begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment