Monday, August 13, 2012

The Big Picture


Before being in bridge I don’t think I’ve ever done so much reading and writing in my life. At first I was like oh my God, I can’t be doing all these papers. It’s so funny now because I actually enjoy it, or maybe I just don’t dread it anymore. Writing and reading has become second nature for me.

I am so excited for the fall semester but I do know that it’s going to be much worse. I think this program really has prepared me for the challenges I might face when the semester starts. I think I’m learning to pay more attention to details when I write rather than just writing whatever on the paper. I think reading a lot has helped with my writing. Seeing the way Sarah Vowell writes helps me try to put my thoughts into segments like she did throughout the book. Professors’ Brad and Caitlynn have given me great tips to help me become a better reader, and writer. I will definitely hold those tips close to me in order to help me graduate from college.

I’ve always been a really clean and organized, person inside, but I think bridge has brought it out more. I know what it’s like to be super unorganized and I know that that was a huge issue for me in high school. I would sometimes just let things get so bad and then it would be so hard to get myself out of the mess, and I was misplacing things all the time and before I knew it I just didn’t want to do my work because I didn’t want to deal with the mess. So bridge has definitely made me more discipline and has got me to take my work more seriously.

I’ve truly learned a lot from bridge. I think every single thing we’ve done creates one big picture. I believe that’s what this program was supposed to do. The purpose of bridge was for us to see the bigger picture, to pull encouragement and knowledge from wherever we can to help us be successful college students and even more successful after college.

No comments:

Post a Comment