Tuesday, August 14, 2012

How many pages again?


When I first heard how many pages the final paper had to be, I thought they were just messing with me. The daily writing work was 500 words which summed up to around one in a half pages. This would mean I would need around 2000ish words, which seemed like more words than I knew. I came to find out that they were in fact NOT messing with me, and this was going to be the final test of me getting into Columbia. I have written big papers before, but I couldn’t ever remember doing five whole pages. My research papers supposed to be four to six pages, which meant I was doing barely four. This was a huge test, not of intelligence, but of the academic endurance. I knew this was going to be a semi hard task.
         
          That Saturday, I made a strong attempt to sit down and get at least two pages down. That way, my Sunday would be less stressful on the paper. I sat down to my lap top, opened up my old Risk Paper and started to plot out my paper. Unfortunately, that is all that I go done. I’m not sure what got into me, but I couldn’t get my brain to buckle down and do work. I decided I was not going to work anymore on that paper that day because I would just be wasting my time. Sunday came and early in the morning I had to mow my dad’s lawn. It was an annoying way to start my day, especially when I figured I’d be doing the paper all day anyway.  But this time, the words and sentences and everything just came to me and shot out my fingertips, onto the keyboard and onto my document. I ended up finishing the paper by 5 p.m., only working about 3 hours on it. I realized that I work better under pressure that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment