Thursday, August 9, 2012

Life After Bridge!


I have been so inspired by being in bridge and being in Chicago in general. I have come up with all these ideas and things I can start doing now.

 I mentioned in my earlier blog posts that I also have my own blog. I really want to start dedicating more time to it. Since we’ve been doing the blog posts every day I feel adapted to doing them, so when bridge is over I will keep going and forcing myself to do a new blog post every day.

I’ve been seeing all of the lectures who all appear to be very passionate about what they do. They talk about how they had to find themselves in their crafts. I had to realize that I am just as passionate. I have to just find my way in my passion. I took something from every lecture. I realize that I need to use my passion to make a difference. Now I look at the things I can do with my career differently. Yes I love fashion, music and all things entertainment. I would love to be a brand manager for a clothing line, or a marketing/PR executive at some record label. However, I know now that it can go deeper. I can be a marketing director for non-profit organizations helping make a difference in other people’s lives.

The professors, lectures and museums have inspired me, but so have the bridge students. I met students from just about every major and I can already feel a collaborative environment around me. I think it’s great how every student at Columbia can benefit from another’s craft. I already began to talk with other students about things we should collaborate on later in our years at Columbia. It feels great to be in a place where everyone can respect each other because at the end of the day we all share common ground.

To sum everything up, I have taken in some much inspiration to help me in every aspect of my craft. I know that I need to improve so many things. I haven’t revealed the best version of myself. I need to work on becoming a better me. I know in four year when I’m a Columbia graduate, I’ll be ready to show of the best me to the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment