Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Empire

One of my favorite things I've seen during our field trips here at bridge is our visit to MoCP here at Columbia. We were lucky enough to see the modern photgraphy donated to Columbia from thousands of photographers. People from all over the country come to see this exhibit, and all we had to do was walk across the street!
The piece that stuck out to me the most was Empire. This piece was a series of portraits that one can find in an every day household. The images included uniforms, meat at a market, alcohol, flowers and many more. The purpose of the compilation of images was to show the American culture and show what it's like behind closed doors. Our society paints a picture that it's necessary to sugar coat things that are major issues that are present today. Empire made you think about things in a different way.
In tribute to Empire, I thought I'd create my own personal version.

No comments:

Post a Comment