Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thanks Bridge


I will forever cherish my bridge program, I will never forget how my professor Brad, would tell everyone “Stop the chitter chatter, and get to titter tatter”. When I look back on this experience, I realized how much a person can grow in a month.  At the UC I had a room to myself, but it never felt lonely, because there was so much great energy flowing around. It was never awkward to go into the neighbors’ room, girl or boy; it was all so much fun. I feel like this by itself helped me get through the travels of the bridge program. I feel like the bridge program was what I really needed right before I hoped back into school. The atmosphere here is also something I cherish as well. No place feels like home, but being with the people at Columbia, you can get pretty damn close to it.

                The bridge allowed me to get a glimpse at how the free time in college can go against you or be with you, it’s about how you take it. No one can control you; you are the reason why you are in the predicament of either having free time after class, or rushing to get that paper done in the morning. College is a place to learn about yourself, and the world, it’s your time to become who you are. I guess that’s the beauty about it, it’s all about you in college, you determine your future, you don’t wait on it to happen.

                My skills I feel have improved, being at the bridge program, and not even so much my skill, but more of my confidence too be free. Not doing things that I am use to is a great way for me to get out of my comfort zone, and that is exactly what the bridge did. First they took me out of my city, then took me out of my state, then put me in this amazing, life changing, beautiful sight-seeing, vicious night exploring place named Chicago. I thank the bridge program for my experience, just what I needed to get back on track with schooling and new beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment