Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Last Lecture


Yesterday during the lecture, David talked about the music and how it relates to science, and math. I actually found out some things that I didn’t know about the guitar, and about octaves. Did you know that the harp is the only instrument that covers 2/3 of the piano range in the octaves? Piano has the broadest range, which is why it is use in so many music classes, because it has all the octaves.

                In his lecture I didn’t understand everything, but I did understand that there are many different things that go into making a guitar. First thing you have to know is the inside of the guitar, then work your way to the frets of the guitar to get the sound right and determine what type of guitar you want. David also has side of him that he brought back from his college years, when he sang us a song that his friend made about his girlfriend and her Walkman. The song was pretty good, we asked him to do an encore and he performed Here Comes the Sun. I have to say it’s been a while since I have heard that song, a.k.a Parent Trap a.k.a I was 12. It brought back some childhood memories, not saying I spent my whole child hood watching parent trap, but at the time Lindsey was looking good, let alone there were two of her, how could any young boy resist.

                In his entire lecture was good, I didn’t quite understand everything about it, and it was kind of hard to stay up, but it wasn’t nearly I tiring as some zombies. Through the bridge program I have gain a lot of knowledge about the school of Columbia, the city of Chicago, and the atmosphere mixed with freedom of being a wild, ambitious, young man.

No comments:

Post a Comment