Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The quiet one....DAVID!


As entering the bridge program, I like a few things. I like the lectures, and my favorites was, the marketing presenter. We did class filed trips which I really didn’t care for too much. Maybe it was because I had to walk 7 blocks additional to the walks we took as a class.

As getting to know my fellow class mates, one stuck out to me. David Ortega. He never talks; he only just sits there with a blank face expression. He always wears his favorite color, black. It usually is one time and as soon as he enters the class he watching, his game previews. His major is gaming…which make sense he’s on why that’s the only thing he likes. We are different, obviously look wise, but we have become fast friends. David has a dry sense of humor. He barley talks to his other class mates, but we always have funny, weird, even fashionable conversations. As we go out for lunch every day, he just sits and listens to his music while the rest of us are busy talking. Our group will be incomplete without David. He’s our silent yet chivalrous member of the group. This reminds me, of Alephonsio Deng, found a friend on the way walking in the dessert. Peter was his name. Peter was young yet brave at heart. Alephonsion met Peter while on a journey throughout the desert. Peter tagged along the rest of the boys walking through Sudan. He bought laughter and light of the situation to the group. Even though David does not bring laughter he does have a soft friendliness about him.

                That’s the importance of meeting new people at bridge. If I would have seen David walking down the street, I wouldn’t have talk to him. It’s all about how you present yourself. To me he seems sad, or disinterested. Yes I know judging a book by its cover. Hey! I’m working on it people! Yet without this program, I wouldn’t found a friend in David. He’s the hidden fashionista inside.

2 comments: