Monday, August 6, 2012

MATERIAL RHETORIC


Material Rhetoric, can be the definer of many things.

When I wake up every morning and look around my bed for iPhone, it classifies the type of person I am. My life is on my phone—it holds almost five thousand pictures from the past three months, portraying the love I have for my friends and family, and how many memories I hold and cherish with them. It provides the contacts of my future and of course right now. Text messages that go back for months signifying that it’s hard for me to let go on things that really mean the most to me. I am very sentimental and by having small little things that are in one amazing smart phone mean more to me than they really should, shows that I care about everyone in my life and I don’t want to ever say goodbye to any of it.

I am blessed to have a loving family and people all around me who care and support me through everything I do. When I put on my Tiffany & Co. charm bracelet every morning, I don’t think to myself that I am lucky to have such an expensive piece of jewelry; I think about blessed I am to have such amazing parents and a family that would do anything in the world to make sure I got to where I should be. I hold this by always walking around with a smile, and always having that sense of humor where I laugh at the small stuff, and sweat the big things in life. I really am a happy-go-lucky girl and I feel like the attitude I hold on things shows this. Although, I should push myself more on things like schoolwork, I always know I am trying everyday and that’s all I want to be able to do, is try.

You are who you are by all that you acquire in your life, and by that, you reveal that type of person by the top slide over your head, or the pants that you zip up, or the skirt that meats your knees or mid thigh, or the blouse that you button up; the color and the style of everything you hold on yourself shows the person you truly are. But judging on appearance is something we’re all told not to do? Well it’s hard to truly not look passed an outfit choice and not think about what kind of person they are, but knowing what your own Material Rhetoric is; is all you need to be happy with yourself, and it happens every morning—you define yourself in the outfit you pick out to the amount of time you spend on your hair style. You’re truly showing who you are, and how much you care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment