Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Sommer, Summer?

                 The chance of seeing someone you see on the train in the morning again are one in a million. The subtle eye contact we exchange from the person on the opposite side of the train car means nothing...except maybe you might think, jeesh this guys hair is so strange.We never really remember people we see in moments in time like this for more than a few days. It's fascinating to me how many people we see on a daily basis, but don't remember them.We tend to remember those who have a specific characteristic that makes them unique. A funny laugh, or a crooked smile tend to make us distinguish our friends from strangers. A simple everyday gesture from a friend like waving hello will make us remember how they like to be greeted. We all have certain characteristics about ourselves that makes us who we are.
                  My name alone is one thing that I would like people to remember me by. When I introduce myself to people with that opening line, "Hi, I'm Sommer," people either love it or hate it. When I was younger I was teased quite a bit because of my name, and I now that I look back I don't really understand why it ever upset me, or why people thought my name was so unusual. I would get the occasional, "Hey Sommer, is your sister's name Winter?!" or "Sommer go home it's Winter," and I would remember getting SO worked up about it. I was only in third or fourth grade but I would wish everyday for a new name. The fact that my name is with an 'O' and not a 'U' had always separated me from all the Summer's I have come across. My name is something that I cherish and adore today because I am probably the only Sommer most of my friends know. It gives me a personal brand and it's extremely unique. Iw ant people to think of my name, and think of my personality. I am never afraid to laugh at myself, and I am painfully caring. I hope people will always think of my warm personality when they hear my name.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment