Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Fear of Greatness


When I am acting I feel the most comfortable in my skin. That is not to say that I’m a fake person in general, but rather to say I like to entertain. When I was little my dad was the money guy always talked to me about why money was important, and my mother always let me know why knowledge and being passionate about what you love was important. So when I put both those together, it is all well for me.                                                                                                              
My passion is acting I love to do it, but like my dad says “If you love to do it, and you can get paid for it, then do it." That is what drives me the fact that I made you smile, and the money. It may sound arrogant, but that is the reason. I’m passionate about acting so much that I know money is just another thing that comes with it, but you have to take risk, in order to reach the money level that you feel you need to be on.                                                                    
This is what keeps my fear behind me, and also me. I know that I will never let myself down, which is why I love acting so much. You are the actor no one else, it is up to you on how well you can act. Everything that you do for acting as far as your career only contains you. The only fear I have in acting is being mediocre, and that is unacceptable. My body and mind are the tools that I use to never let fear get a hold of me. Life is too short to worry about how well someone else is acting. Be you and be the best you can be.
A notable time that i can remember that I overcame a fear was back in eigth grade. We had a lacrosse game, and three of our key players were gone. I didnt get afraid that we were going to lose but instead saw it as a time to carry the team. That game i got my first hat trick, along with a couple assist. Not to brag but it did feel good. to know that I could build a team that was lacking confidence just because a couple of our players were gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment