Monday, August 13, 2012


On Thursday while walking to lunch sommer decided to stop by a sushi place for a smoothie. Across the street there was the Columbia gallery building and inside there was a guy painting a picture on the wall. It was big letters of yellow and so colorful stating " oh snap!". I saw him going over the outline of his drawing with black paint, over and over again. I can relate to that I thought in my head. If you make a mistake you can try to fix it but if you don’t get it soon the whole picture will be off. You will have to find a way to make it work. The stress meter will go off in your head and you will scream. Usually when someone sees a painting they say “amazing! So nicely made!”  But the artist can tell where all the mistakes are, and how many right moves were made. They know there was more bad than good.

My brother is my teacher. He trains me on how to correct my mistakes and tactics in which I can improve my skills. Seeing the guy in the window reminded me of him. I would always watch my brother draw anytime I had the chance and in special moments he would show me a thing or two. I don’t know why but I feel like the reason that I’m still into drawing and art is because of him. He’s the one that gave me my first set of deco markers. Even though I’m here for fashion I still plan on taking art classes. I love fashion design and it’s my passion! Art for me is just my hobby no it’s not my hobby it’s a part of me and my life. I’m not perusing art because even though I love it, I don’t want to use it as work in the future. Rather I want to use it on my own time. As I do now I only use it when I can when I feel like I need to express myself and there is no other way.
p.s this weekend i got a puppy and his name is momo! hes white and amazing! this puppy is more than a rant on my blog he is what saved me from my dismay. he inspires me and brings my inner child out. i had a hard time this summer, almost giving up on the one thing that i had apart of my life for a long time. but now im excited and ready to continue my journey with momo! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment