Monday, August 13, 2012

orange house


Though all of the art work that we have looked at I can honestly say that only one pops into my head. The orange house, is the only really piece of art work that I can remember. I think I can remember it because we had to do an assignment on an art piece, that’s the one that I picked. I’m not sure that I remember what the description said, but every time I think about it, I form a new opinion about it. At first I thought of it as an assignment, and that was the picture I chose. But I looked at it again and again and found that I could form an idea of what I think it could represent.

It was a picture of one house, with a black and white background. In the background there were many torn down or run down houses the house in the fore ground was the only house that was colored. Its color was so uniquely different from all the others. The orange color was so vibrant, and stuck out so much; it was as if it hopped out of the crowd to be noticed by the viewer.

My first impression of this picture was, it was just another photo somebody took of some place I could go and see myself. Then I came back to it and looked a little closer, again I thought, just some ordinary picture that the photographer edited to throw into his exhibit. Then I saw the rest of the exhibit, I realized that these paintings had to do with addresses. Every house or building had the same address. Then the final time I came back to it I realized that this one was different. This one was the most unique because this one was all run down and the others weren’t. it seemed as though the house in front stepped out of the crowd to be noticed like all the other photos. That what I was able to pull from that exhibit.  

No comments:

Post a Comment