Tuesday, August 7, 2012

FEAR? HELL YEAH!


Hmmm, fear. Fear in my opinion is great. Not for the reason of getting people to fear you but for the reason that it makes us stronger. Using fear to help you rather than using it for evil is the greatest thing you can do for yourself. A person without fear is a person who isn’t experiencing the rush of life. It’s that feeling in your stomach, and that little voice in your head saying something bad is going to happen while you are on your way to the top of the rollercoaster. It’s that feeling that you get when standing up to make a speech or even that feeling of trying out something new and extraordinary. It’s for me it’s that horrible feeling of talking to girls. It’s that feeling of trying something new and big when I skate. It’s when showing and audience my art work, hoping that in some way I won’t be judged. For me though I’ve always enjoyed that pump of adrenalin that, that rush, that fear gives.

One great example of fear is asking out that beautiful girl that sits in front of you in class. You know the one you kept kicking at her seat or asking for a pencil even though you have the eighty others that you borrowed from her from every other day. Well for me during high school, I never wanted to be with anyone. I was with girls here and there, and it was fun. There always seemed to be that something, that one thing missing. It was the emotional attachment. During my junior year there was this amazingly cute girl sitting in front of me and next to me in basically all of my classes. We began to talk and eventually we hung out. After that little period of us flirting, which lasted all of two weeks, it suddenly ended for reasons I’d rather not get into. Upset with the situation we stopped talking. I realized later that this is a person I want in my life, so I continued our contact through summer. The next school year came around and we began going out on small dates again. Eventually and surprisingly it became more serious. Here is where the rush comes in. I finally and officially ask her out!!! Isn’t that great? I remember my face turning beat red, and I also remember to cute smile on her face while she said hell fucking yeah! Excuse my language. It felt awesome, it feels awesome, because of that fear though and my constant search for a rush, we are still together today and plan to stay together through college. Even better though it was something that I feared to do, I did it, and I succeeded. The feeling of finally succeeding after the initial fear is so exhilarating. She is the wheat to my rye. As I mentioned before that awesome feeling also comes from skating and that is why I’ve stuck with it for so long. That feeling of trying something new, and then being able to accomplish it is like none other.  

No comments:

Post a Comment