Monday, August 6, 2012

Katlin Strzelecki

 
The most daring thing I’ve ever done,
                Is to wake up each morning and face the sun.
The most risk I’ll ever take,
                Is being here to challenge fate.
The most challenging thing I’ll ever do,
                Is the constant battle between old habits and new.        

Coming here was never the real travel,
                Just a commute before the rest will unravel.
Leaving home and learning to embrace discomfort;
                In life you must learn to absorb the things that most hurt.
New friends, new transactional relationships,
                Trying to tread a path to success.

We question the places, the reasons and ask for answers,
                But that doesn’t guarantee a lack of untapped hurt.
Bravery crashes over me as I step out of the my dorms,
                Like waves that thrash on the sand swept floor.
From far away, just grains and stones,
                Underneath we find the beauty unknown.

Don’t judge a book by the cover,
                Don’t be too quick to judge another.
Every day I dare myself to play a game,
                To not loose drive, or let passion wane.
“I felt more alive talking about death,
                Than I did listening to other people speculate about immortality.”
From Lost in Place, Mark is quoted above,
                We both are outsiders due to chasing the passions we love.
Week three has approached and it sends shivers down my spine,
                I’ve worked hard and tried for the first time.
               
Being scared of tomorrow is a something so poetic,
                We all feel the push and the pressure but so few ever show it.
It’s the unknown that our lectures have taught me about.
                The want and the need to understand our world inside and out.

 We have no guarantees,
                Not tomorrow nor after.
We live as amputees,
                Cutting off and trimming away the pieces of us that matter.
Artists never cut nor trim away what society sees as different,
                It’s keeping all the oddities that led us to this one.








 


So, as a last remark and request,
                I dare you to be daring and love your own flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment