Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Where is the fall at?



I’m ready for the experience. Since the first day of senior year I have been excited for the opportunity to go to college. My GPA was not that great and I knew I had some work to do when I started. Since that day and the day I was told I had to attend the bridge program at Columbia, I have been in college mode. Since the start of my tenure at Columbia I have done nothing but work hard and embrace some of what Columbia has to offer through the summer. Every day I have been here it has made me even more excited to come to Columbia.

                Bridge has prepared me for the how college work is going to be. The constant reading work and responses we have to do just to be prepared for class. Bridge has also helped me get acclimated to the campus and I now know where a lot of places are around here. Now that today is the final Wednesday I’ll be here for bridge, the long awaited day of the final lecture hall of bridge, I take away from this experience satisfied, excited, motivated to do well, and experience.

                The people I have met here at Columbia have been absolutely amazing. I have already become good friends with some of my fellow bridge classmates and plan to continue that friendship once classes start. As great as bridge has been, I am ready to move onto fall classes. I am also ready to move into the dorms and meet my roommates face to face. I’m ready for the late night papers, the coffee drinking. I am also ready to experience the poetry fests, concerts, performances, theatre productions, and most importantly the parties. I come to school focus because the bridge program kicks out kids who were not taking this program seriously. Even though I’m in danger of not being able to attend in the fall, I still have that urgency that I need to do everything possible to be successful in college.

                I have seen all the cliché college movies, specifically American Pie movies and many others. Although I know for a fact Columbia will not be an American Pie movie, I know that I want to have as much fun as possible while being successful in school. I think bridge somewhat helps us in finding a balance between getting your work done and then going out to see what the college has to offer. I’m ready to experience all that and more. Being in downtown Chicago in the middle of so much excitement and so much to do is going to be tough to manage but I know by keeping my head to the books I’ll do just fine. But we all know I’m ready for the parties too.



1 comment: