Thursday, August 2, 2012

Coreographed Writing


How does my art choreograph my life? Tough question in my opinion, although I am the one who suggested the topic it is a very difficult answer. My art is writing. Writing drives my life right now. I need to write and take notes during school. I also need to write down my schedule to put in to my phone or iPad. Writing is almost a part of my life in every way except sleeping and eating. Writing has shaped me into a person who cannot talk about anything without elaborating on it as if I am a teacher or professor. Writing has also turned me into a creative person. Writing has shaped me into the person I am today. Some people may think I am weird or odd because I can think of these crazy scenarios or stories but I think that is what drives my creativity. Without writing in my life, I feel like I would be uniform, or just like anyone else with a job just trying to live nice.
Writing helps me throughout the day. Writing down things I have planned or to get accomplished for the day is important. I have good memory but I often forget deadlines so writing things down in a planner or calendar really helps me. I do not journal but I do like to write down the little stories in my head that I think about. I also like to write down things that are troubling me. It is a good a way to relieve stress. Writing is a big reason of who I am today.
Writing has shaped into a person who can speak their mind. I am able to put my feelings down on paper or speak how I feel about anything. Writing got me out of my shell. Even though still today I am somewhat shy, I still am able to express my feelings. When I started writing my scary night stories in my early years it really got me into creating as many stories as my imagination wanted. I would write out 7 to 8 page horror stories by hand as a fourth grader writing about vampires and werewolves. The show Teen Wolf that comes on MTV on Mondays really reminded me of my work from back in the day and got me back into writing fictional stories. I feel like without writing in my life I would be uniform, just like everyone else, which my character Mark wants to avoid.
Mark from Lost in Place hated being like everyone else. When he got into Kung Fu, it really shaped him. Mark wanted to be a Zen master and built his life on doing that. He practiced all the meditation techniques and really got into karate. Practicing with his Sensei O’Keefe made him a better a better fighter and person. Without Kung Fu in his life, mark would have felt out of place and just like everybody else around him in his life. Just like Mark had Kung Fu shaped his life, writing has shaped mine. Writing keeps my life in limbo and without it; the stick would fall to the grown.



No comments:

Post a Comment