Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Display of art


When I look at a display of art, I try to think about what made the artist draw the picture. I try to put myself in his shoes.  Sometimes I understand the art work and sometimes I don’t see what could have made the museum choose to put the art work in there.

                The museum yesterday showed art work that was amazing, some pieces better than others. My favorite piece of art at the museum was the moving art. I can’t seem to wrap my head around why I thought it was so amazing. I guess the fact that it was on a three screen and then broken up into more pieces as well as moving and when brought all together looked so peaceful. The piece had its own room to itself in a dark corner. The people that were around me said that they didn’t think it was art but to me it was the new age of art if anything. Which is why I think people didn’t like it. Something that we aren’t used too, sometimes we seem to shy away from it. I think if they would have seen more of that kind of art, it would have been more impressing. But instead it was taken as just some pictures that were moving on a screen. I embraced it, I thought it looked beautiful, and I wish there was a whole museum dedicated to moving art.

                The museum also had its unattractive side to me. There was a piece of art that I think didn’t mean anything besides two colors on two big frames. To me I saw potential in the art and I understand that sometimes it’s the simple art that speaks volumes, but to me it was just color. The simplicity that I could have made it didn’t really make me think it was art. I would have rather saw more of a painting with oil canvas. This art spoke out to me. The detail of the oil in the painting the shine and glimmer it brought back to the eye captured my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment